Piece One: How To Take A Picture And Save It To A Document With Your Chromebook
- Select the small box with the magnifying glass in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- If the camera icon is not on the pop up menu, select the “All Apps” button on the far right
- Go to the bottom row and fourth column, and select the camera app.
- The camera should pop up. Take a picture by selecting the centre red button with the camera on it.
- Once it has been taken, go to the bottom right corner and hit the ‘Go to Gallery’ button.
- Making sure that the picture is highlighted in blue, go to ‘Save to Disk’ button. The ‘Save to Disk’ button is in between the ‘Print’ button and the ‘Delete’ button.
- Select ‘My Drive’ and then hit save.
- Now, open the google document that you wish to put the picture in
- Go to ‘Insert’, then go down to ‘Image’.
- Go to Google Drive, then go to ‘My Drive’
- The picture should be in here. Click on the image, then hit ‘Select’ in the bottom left corner.
I picked this piece of writing because I quite enjoyed helping create it, and after it was finished several people were able to successfully read the instructions and complete the task which made me proud that it was able to convey the information in an effective way. Before this project I did not even know how to take a picture with the chromebook, but after asking for some help and doing some testing, I was able to figure it out, and then I was able to help others do it as well.
Piece Two: How To Tie Your Shoes
Step one: Get some laced footwear.
Step two: Place the left shoe on your left foot and right shoe on your right foot.
Step three: Choose one shoe to begin with.
Step four: Take one lace in each hand from the same shoe.
Step five: Tie a simple knot by taking the lace in your left hand, and putting it over, then under the one in your right hand, then pull tight.
Step six: Take the lace in your left hand, and make a loop-di-loop, so that the lace forms a circle or a ‘bunny ear’ making sure that you do this near the base of the lace so that you have some left on the end.
Step seven: Take the lace in your right hand, and bring it around the loop in your left hand by going in front, then behind.
Step eight: You see that little hole you made beneath the loop-di-loop with the lace in your right hand? Well take the lace in our right hand, and push part of the right lace through, but make sure that the end does not pull through.
Step nine: Pull the loop-di-loop in your left hand, and the small bump of the right lace that you pushed through at the same time, to make it tight, but don’t pull so much that you pull the laces through, or else it will fall apart.
Repeat on other piece of footwear
I chose this piece because I thought it was fun writing it, and some others were able to successfully use it to complete the task which made me proud. Another reason is because of the subject, because after writing this and having people complete it, I realized that many people do things very differently. I also thought it was interesting that I couldn't find a single person who tied their shoes the same as me. Learning that so many people do so many things in so many different ways was an interesting thought, especially with something so simple, and that made me think, about how the way we tie our shoes is sort of like our opinions of certain matters, because we all might have the same goal, be we have different ways of achieving it.